Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Orleans


My boyfriend and I went to New Orleans for a four day weekend, and man, it was a trip.  Booze in the streets, cathouses overflowing on the sidewalk, smoke everywhere--four days was fun, but four days was enough.

We stayed at the International House Hotel, which I highly recommend for a nice buffer from Bourbon Street and the revelry following the first Saints game of the season.  We saw a little of everything (and drank almost everything): the Garden district, French Quarter, Bourbon Street, Magazine Street, Frenchman Street.

Shoutouts to the outstanding meals at Green Goddess and Bon Ton Cafe, jazz at Maison Bourbon and Blue Nile, perfect cocktails at d.b.a., and shopping at StyleLab with (Drew) Brees, the Doberman puppy that stole my heart.

Holy schamoly, this was my weekend.  This and naps.




 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment